Thursday, August 7, 2008

2008 Mountain Stage NewSong Contest

At Matt's bidding, I'm posting the big news in my musical life and that is that my banjo-playing alter ego Mother Banjo has been selected to be a finalist in the Midwest Regional Round of the Mountain Stage NewSong Contest! As part of this songwriting competition, I'll be headed to Ann Arbor to play the legendary Ark with Patrice Pike and 9 other talents from the region. Wish me luck, and if you live around Ann Arbor, come out for the big show...and wish me luck!

Mountain Stage NewSong Contest
2008 Midwest Regional Round Finals
Monday, August 11, 8 p.m.
The Ark
316 S. Main St.
Ann Arbor, MI
(734) 761-1818



Lots of other great songwriters selected in the regional rounds, including Anne Heaton and my pal Carrie Elkin. For the full listing of finalists, click here.

No comments: