Sunday, March 2, 2008

More Songs for Pluto?

New York's Astrograss was on The Moonshine Show with me this morning to talk about their CD release party next Sunday at Joe's Pub for their new children's CD Let Me Stay Up All Night. (As a point of interest, lead singer Jordan Shapiro--who formerly was a member of the Frank Zappa tribute band Project Object--is, like Ellen and me, an alumnus of Amity Regional High School.) One of the songs that they played was called "Who Says Pluto's Not a Planet?" which was written and sung by bassist Tim Kiah (who is also the namesake member of the not-recently-seen-in-action Nurse Kaya String Quartet). Of course, I was reminded of Anthony DaCosta's "Poor, Poor Pluto" (which is mentioned in this post). So are there other musical laments for Pluto out there of which people are aware?

3 comments:

Ellen Stanley said...

Jordan Shapiro? I remember him playing "Ants Marching" at the 1997 Pops Concert! Good to hear he's still doing music...Go Spartans!

Unknown said...

Does anyone know where I might find a CD by Nurse Kaya String Quartet? My fruitless search is getting old.k

Matt Winters said...

Kyle, if you send me an e-mail (msw22@columbia.edu), I'll give you some information.