Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Richard Shindell's Blog

Richard Shindell has started a new blog. So far, he has posted a long meditation about file sharing and a short on-the-scene report from Argentina vis-a-vis some of the recent protests there over agriculture.

I was most surprised to read the following: "That copy is what economists call a non-excludable, intangible, non-rival good." And worlds collide.

On a Completely Different Note...


I am thoroughly enjoying the Duke Ellington Birthday Broadcast on WKCR today. It lasts until midnight EDT. I think that my understanding of Ellington's style has been very limited in the past; today's broadcast has exposed me to some of his music that is more discordant and rhythmically aggressive than the music I associate with him. Quality stuff.

If you fail to catch the broadcast this year, tune in next April 29th. It will be there then from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. (at least).

Sadly, WKCR does not have a Willie Nelson or Rev. Gary Davis Birthday Broadcast slotted for tomorrow, although I have wanted to put the latter together for years and just haven't gotten my act together to do it.

No comments: