Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Playlist: Womenfolk (March 22, 2009)

This past Sunday Amanda Balagur sat in for me, bringing her special brand of indie-oriented acoustic music to the KFAI airwaves on Womenfolk. Meanwhile, I was in Austin, TX, wrapping things up at the South By Southwest (SXSW) Festival. To hear some new music I picked up there, tune in this Sunday to Womenfolk. I'll also be talking with singer-songwriter Edie Carey about her April 3rd show, her upcoming album and her recent trip on the star-studded Cayamo Cruise with Patty Griffin, Lyle Lovett and the Indigo Girls!

----

WOMENFOLK (March 22, 2009)
Hosted by Amanda Balagur
Fresh Air Community Radio, KFAI 90.3 FM Minneapolis/106.7 FM St. Paul
Sunday 11 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
*New Releases
**Womenfolk Theme Song


**Kris Delmhorst / Everything Is Music / Strange Conversation / Signature Sounds

Goldfrapp / Clowns / The Seventh Tree / Mute

Dressy Bessy / Electrified / Electrified/ Transdreamer

Dar Williams / When I Was a Boy / The Honesty Room / Razor & Tie

*Now, Now Every Children / Have You Tried / Cars / Afternoon Records

*Laura Veirs / The Coo Coo Bird / Two Beers Veirs / Self-released

Heartless Bastards / I Swallowed a Dragonfly / All This Time / Fat Possum


[Womenfolk Find - Featured Artist of the Month]
Devon Spourle / Does the Day Feel Long? / Keep Your Silver Shined / City Salvage Records

Joan As Police Woman / Holiday / To Survive / Reveal

Shelby Lynne / Pretend / Just a Little Lovin’ / Lost Highway

Celebration / Heartbreak / The Modern Tribe / 4AD

Aimee Mann / Save Me / Live at St. Ann’s Warehouse / SuperEgo Records

*Nikka Costa / Can’t Please Everybody / Pebble to a Pearl / Stax

Jenny Lewis / See Fernando / Acid Tongue / Warner Bros.

The Lovell Sisters / Just a Promise / When Forever Rolls Around / Self

The Weepies / Take It From Me / Say I Am You / Nettwerk

CeU / Malemolencia / CeU / Fontana

School of Seven Bells / Half Asleep / Alpinisms / Ghostly International

Dean & Britta / You Turned My Head Around / Back Numbers / Zoe

*Tizzy Bac / Heather / If I See Hell, I Won’t Fear the Devil / Wonder Music

*Neko Case / This Tornado Loves You / Middle Cyclone / Anti

KaiserCartel / Okay / March Forth / Megaforce

Gillian Welch / My First Lover / Time (The Revelator) / Acony

Lykke Li / Little Bit / Youth Novels / LL

The Knife / Neverland / Silent Shout / Rabid Records

*Jolie Holland / Your Big Hands / The Living and the Dead / Anti

Laura Marling / My Manic and I / Alas I Cannot Swim / Virgin

The Bird and the Bee / I Hate Camera / The Bird and the Bee / Metro Blue

No comments: