Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Alex Battles and Jack Hardy to Share Jalopy Stage

Alex Battles just sent around an announcement for this year's Johnny Cash Birthday Bash. (I missed last year's show but I put up a rave review of the 2008 edition.) The show sells out every year, and so advanced ticket purchases are recommended.

There in the middle of the e-mail, something else caught my eye -- indeed I was so excited that I thought it was the description of the Cash Bash, only to then have to apologize to Battles for telling him that he had gotten the date wrong in the e-mail --
Thursday, January 28
Jalopy Theater
Alex Battles & The Whisky Rebellion
with Jack Grace Band and Jack Hardy
315 Columbia St., Brooklyn, NY
9pm-mid
You can understand my shock and enthusiasm surely.

Jack Hardy? The Jack Hardy? Our Jack Hardy?

So I went over to Jack's website, and it is indeed true.

Alas, I'll be down in Washington, D.C., for a conference on the 28th. But Jalopy is a terrific venue, and those are three solid acts, so I encourage people to get out there and see the show!

No comments: