Sunday, March 8, 2009

Woody Guthrie at McSorley's

I have been learning an amazing amount about McSorley's Old Ale House, the legendary New York saloon to which I have been dragging friends and acquaintances for the length of my time in New York, from this podcast by the Bowery Boys. And I like to think that I know a bit about McSorley's! But that Elvis once got soused there? That was news to me.

And then there was this photo of Woody Guthrie that I had never seen before:

Wow! Great stuff.

Ellen and I once had a couple of mugs of dark there and a cheese platter that was accompanied by liberal amounts of hot mustard. Mmm-mmm good.

(Sibling hat-tip about the Bowery Boys: David Stevens' brother Peter.)

1 comment:

Ellen Stanley said...

yeah, we did! i think i still feel the burn of that spicy mustard. :)