Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New New Haven Venue


My parents recently sent me this article in the New Haven Register about Guitartown, a venue that is supported by Neighborhood Music School, where I spent much of my teenage years taking music theory classes and voice and oboe lessons. Wish a venue like this had been around when I lived in New Haven, bringing in great bluegrass acts like The Del McCoury Band, Tim O'Brien and The Tony Rice Unit. I can't wait to check it out when I'm back in the Elm City in June...

3 comments:

Jess said...

Do you think they'll be having any singer-songwriters, or just more bluegrassy stuff?

Ellen Stanley said...

They mainly present bluegrass and Americana stuff, but it also seems you can rent out the space...but I haven't been there so I'm not really sure. Matt, have you or your dad checked this place out?

Matt Winters said...

I definitely have to confess ignorance. I'll check in with the old man.